The College’s School Board is involved in establishing and reviewing, from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
Kinross College School Board members:
|Dr Geoff Lummis
|Wrolf van Munster
College Associate Principal
The elected board is directly involved in assisting the College and the Principal in:
- The planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund the College’s objectives, priorities and directions; and they assist in evaluating the College’s performance in achieving them.
- Formulating codes of conduct for students at the College.
- Determining, in consultation with students, their parents and staff of the College, the students’ dress code.
- Promoting the College in the community.
The Board approve:
- Charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities under Section 99(4) of the School Education Act.
- Extra cost optional components of education programs, under Section 100(3) of the School Education Act.
- Items of personal use in educational programs, under Section 108(2) of the School Education Act.
- Any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the College under Section 216(5) of the School Education Act.
It provides advice to the Principal on:
- General policy concerning the use in College activities of prayer, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a College activity as part of religious education and;
- on the implementation of special religious education under Section 69(2) of the School Education Act 1999.
The Board cannot and does not:
- Intervene in the control and management of the College.
- Intervene in the educational instruction of students.
- Exercise authority over teaching staff or other persons employed at the College or,
- Intervene in the management or operation of a College fund.