Model: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e Core i5(7th Gen) – comes with a foldback touchscreen and stylus.
This laptop is a learning tool and has been setup to do this with Office 365 and OneDrive for easy integration and storage in the cloud.
Year 7 students in 2020 have now been issued with their Laptops.
This is a school based hire program that was offered to incoming Year 7 students upon enrolment in 2019. Unfortunately we cannot offer this part way through the school year. However, students in Year 8 2021 will have a further opportunity to opt in. Please note that students are not allowed to bring their own devices as they need to be able to access the school network while on site.
Here are a few best practice tips to enable the longevity of the device:
- Try to always open and close the laptop from the top centre of the screen to prevent wear and tear on the hinges.
- For the first few battery charges try to allow the battery to fully drain and fully recharge to help extend the battery life.
- Always keep the stylus in its holder when not in use.
- Do not put any type of sticker or glue on the laptop surface.
If you have any issues or questions with your child’s device then please follow this link to our IT Helpdesk where you can read useful information or submit a ticket for support.
In all instances reporting of hardware issues or damages/breakages must be made directly through the Kinross College website, click on the link to our IT Helpdesk which is found under the ‘Links’ tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the IT Helpdesk page and ‘submit a ticket’.
- Your child will then be contacted by our IT technician who will request that the Laptop be returned for servicing. In some instances the laptop may need to be sent offsite for servicing and where possible a loan laptop will be issued until the laptop is repaired or returned.
All damages must be reported immediately via the link to the College IT Helpdesk and in this instance parents/guardians will also need to provide a completed Statutory Declaration outlining in detail when, where and how the damage occurred. Other information which should be included on the Stat Dec include the laptop barcode number, serial number and (if applicable) the name of individual who was responsible for the damage/breakage. Your child will be contacted by our IT technician for the laptop to be returned and a service request will be logged with Winthrop Australia in order to carry out the repair. Where possible a loan laptop will be issued to the student in the interim.
Statutory Declaration form.