The College has in place a student dress code, which was implemented after wide consultation with parents, teachers and students. This dress code is vigorously supported by the School Board and has become part of the culture of the College.
Parents and students are informed of the requirements of the dress code prior to the student being enrolled. Acceptance of enrolment at Kinross College is an agreement between the College, the parent and the enrolling student that the student will conform to the College Dress Code.
Why do we have a dress code?
- Fosters and enhances the public image of the College.
- Assists in building a sense of team spirit and community.
- Ensures students are safely dressed for specific school activities.
- Encourages equity among students, minimising competition to wear popular designer labels.
- Enables the early identification of unauthorised persons on the school site.
- Assists in preparing students for work with a number of work places requiring a standard of dress and safety codes.