The Secondary Assistance Scheme is available to parents/guardians of secondary students, up to and including the year in which they turn 18, and only if the parent/carer is a holder of one of the following prescribed cards (not the student). If a parent does not have a card, they cannot apply.
- Centrelink Family Health Care Card;
- Pensioner Concession Card; or
- Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card.
The Secondary Assistance Scheme includes:
- Educational Program Allowance of $235 (paid directly to the school)
- Clothing Allowance of $115 (paid either directly to the school or to your nominated bank account)
- Students in receipt of ABSTUDY are eligible for the ABSTUDY Supplement Allowance.
Application forms for the Secondary Assistance Scheme are available only to the end of term 1 each year. Please download here to access current 2022 SAS application – Application+form+SAS 2022 – note that this must be updated as a priority on first Admin day of term 1 EVERY year with the current years form). You will be required to lodge these forms to the school in person as your concession card must be sighted and signature verified. Applications will open on the first day of term 1 for students and close at the end of term 1 each year. No late applications will be accepted by the Department of Education.