Learning Support at Kinross College seeks to provide resources, teaching and learning opportunities with an individualised approach to ensure all students access curriculum (at their assessed level) to reach their full academic and social potential.
- EA’s (supporting individuals, groups and classrooms)
- Learning Intervention classes – Literacy
- Learning Support Electives – Literacy and Numeracy
- Social Skill groups
- Individualised Curriculum Planning (subject specific SEN plans)
- Individualised Education Planning (whole school IEP’s)
- Assistive Technology support (WordQ, Speech-2-Text, Roger hearing etc)
- Learning support classroom, with custom furniture/resources to support focus in learning.
- Access for private Tutors, OT’s and Speech Therapists to visit students in school
Our well-resourced and fully trained Learning Support Team, also utilise resources from the Department of Education Special Educational Needs Unit and other training providers to deliver innovative and contemporary support to students. However, the key focus of the team is to build and maintain relationships with students, families and staff providing informed and individualised support throughout a student’s time at Kinross College.