The College’s School Board is involved in establishing and reviewing, from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions.
The elected board is directly involved in assisting the College and the Principal in:
- The planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund the College’s objectives, priorities and directions; and they assist in evaluating the College’s performance in achieving them.
- Formulating codes of conduct for students at the College.
- Determining, in consultation with students, their parents and staff of the College, the students’ dress code.
- Promoting the College in the community.
Kinross College School Board members:
|Chairperson Elect||Geoffrey Lummis PhD, Associate Professor ECU|
|College Principal||Dale Beaton|
|College Associate Principal||John Avenell|
|College Associate Principal||Jeanavieve Walia|
|Parent Representatives||Rob Elphick, Sue Brooks, Angela Hannagan & Geoff Marchant|
|Community Representatives||Jane McCaffrey|
The Board approve:
- Charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities under Section 99(4) of the School Education Act.
- Extra cost optional components of education programs, under Section 100(3) of the School Education Act.
- Items of personal use in educational programs, under Section 108(2) of the School Education Act.
- Any agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the College under Section 216(5) of the School Education Act.
It provides advice to the Principal on:
- General policy concerning the use in College activities of prayer, songs and material based on religious, spiritual or moral values being used in a College activity as part of religious education and;
- on the implementation of special religious education under Section 69(2) of the School Education Act 1999.
The Board cannot and does not:
- Intervene in the control and management of the College.
- Intervene in the educational instruction of students.
- Exercise authority over teaching staff or other persons employed at the College or,
- Intervene in the management or operation of a College fund.