Please notify us if, for any reason, your child is absent from College.
- phone on 9233 6700, before 10:00am where possible,
- email to Kinross.firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by a text message (SMS) on 0408 948 286 which operates 24 hours a day. Please remember to;
- include your child’s name and the date/dates of absence,
- keep the SMS message brief and
- follow up with a signed absence note (preferably within three days of your child’s return to College), marked for the attention of the Attendance Officer and left with a staff member in the admin office.
The attendance desk will send automated SMS messages home for students who have unresolved absence on the roll. Please remember to inform the College if your child will not be attending.
Please note that any students who arrive late to College must report to Student Services to sign in through SEQTA Kiosk where they will receive a photo ID late arrival slip to take to class.
When a student needs to leave school early for an appointment, parents are advised to supply their child with a note they can show to their teacher when they need to depart class. Students tag out at the attendance desk, situated in the front office, where they can wait for their parent/carer to collect them. The parent/carer will need to sign the early departure book prior to taking their child.
Students must report to the Student Services desk for attention. Our support staff will call home to make arrangements for someone to collect them from the College if necessary.